Improving Your Portfolio
December 5–9, Monday–Friday, 4–5 PM EST
This workshop will teach students how to create an outstanding portfolio using content strategy and storytelling skills. Students will leave with actionable next steps to improve their portfolio.
Students will learn how to effectively showcase their work through collaborative exercises and assignments — including coaching from expert instructors and feedback from fellow students.
Pro Tip: You don’t need to wait until you’re looking for a new job to fine-tune your portfolio.
- What To Expect
- An interactive workshop of 5–10 participants
- One hour a day for a week of live class via video conferencing
- One hour on homework in between sessions
- Learn a content-first approach to building your personal brand
- Discover how to make great first impression
- Learn how to write effective case studies
- Learn how to tell a better story with visuals
- A Google account
- A Gymnasium account
- An existing portfolio (in any condition or format)
- An up-to-date résumé
- Day 1: Making a Great First Impression
- Day 2: Crafting a Concise About Page
- Day 3: Guest Lecture with Industry Expert
- Day 4: Taking Your Case Studies to the Next Level
- Day 5: Presentations and Next Steps